Training for middle and high school students includes workshops and multi-session courses in Empowerment Self Defense and 3-hour Active Bystander Intervention Training. Students gain increased awareness of safety issues, new verbal and physical skills in boundary setting, assertive communication and intervention to prevent, interrupt, and respond to harassment, assault, and abuse for themselves and others.
Check out this great video of our Active Bystander work at Gould Academy in Bethel in January 2019.
Course formats include multi-session after-school or evening classes, in-school workshops, and weekend intensives.
“I learned ways of being less passive without being aggressive.” -male teen course participant
“You showed us that every young girl and woman can stick up for herself no matter what size.” – female teen participant
Transitions Training for Female-identified and non binary High School Seniors
4 week (10 hour) Course
- To Communicate with Strength & Confidence
- Extensive Physical and Verbal Self-Protection Skills
- Resources for Healing and Support
- Your Rights on Campus
- Strategies to Prevent and Respond to attempted Sexual Assault
- Build Healthy Relationships
- How to Safely Intervene when a Friend is at Risk
To learn more about these and other courses for youth please email: